Sunday, October 21, 2012

Self Portraiture

What is self portraiture? Self portraiture is how you express yourself to your viewers...It portrays who you really are or who you wanted to be. The secret to a beautiful and unique self portrait is your imagination...

We do like to take pictures of ourselves & portray who we really are. Everybody likes to take pictures whether it's a phone camera, a point & shoot digital cam, photo booth, or a D-SLR cam.Some of us even go to a studio just to have a beautiful photo that looks professional or glamorous. If you ask me if I love to take pictures of my self, well hell yeah!
1995 Nikon Camera
 When I was a kid I had lots of photos taken by my mom. Back then we use an old camera with negative films.I remember my Grandmas photos,she had I think thousands of photos... I got inspired by her. One of my favorite is her sepia effect studio photo...It was timeless! And because I love vintage I always wanted to have a photo like that.
Meet my grandma
 I started taking pictures when I was in grade school in every school events and family celebrations.. It was always fun taking pictures. Then when I was in college I started taking my photos using my phone camera, never liked the quality so my mom bought me my ever first point & shoot digital camera.  That p&s cam took thousands of memorable photos that will be treasured forever...

Back then when I took photos of my self  I always use my hand,raise the camera in the air then take a shot. Everybody does that, right? *laughs!I started exploring the camera then I discovered self timer. I always have this ideas on how to take photos of my self.  I just put the camera on the corner, set it on timer mode then I'll pose. The good thing about self timer is that you can create a space and can pose as whatever you like. 


Now I own a Nikon D-SLR, I wanted this camera for so long. D- SLR is a professional camera where you can take very good quality  pictures. This gadget is what I use now for all my self portraits and for blogging. Sometimes its hard to take photos by yourself because you'll be the model, the designer, the make up artist, the director and the photographer. Whiew! But its fun. 

You can take your photos even if your at home.Window lighting have this magical effect that will make your photos dramatic. The trick of my photos below, I was just facing to the windows on my left. See how dramatic it is.
(edited above photo with pixlr.com/o-matic/)

The other trick I use for my indoor self portraiture is that I use different source of light like lamp shade. In the photo above my light source is a lamp, the lamp shade is on my left. There are lots of tricks and ways on how you want your portrait to show. All you need is a lil' imagination, style & props, patience, ideas and inspiration.

Self Portrait is fun but tough because your going to set up your own photo shoot but you can always asks assistance with your friends or partner.

Start taking your self portrait and be inspire!
You can take your photos at home, outdoors, parks, streets, anywhere, everywhere!
The most important thing to remember on taking your own photos are ideas, camera of course, a tripod if you have, self-timer/remote and patience!

Have fun!!!




1 comment:

  1. Following your lovely blog. Thanks for your support as well!

    Christina-Lauren
    http://inspirationsandcelebrations.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis